Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Passion


                     in brief moments
it erupts
  bursting tears and laughter forth
  from a celebration of the senses
  phoenix born from another’s fire

other moments, a spark ignites
  slowly, nibbling, savoring
  all it takes in until
  it roars desire

melding with the soul
              it hungers for more
              craving to be, create, become
              the art that sustains

passion drives to do
               to go beyond mortal limits
               to the essence of true living
               expressing exuberant form
               in a clash of blood and spirit
               dancing and singing
               to live eternally
                                    in brief moments

1 comment:

Tom said...

I like this one. For me it seems to capture both the power of passion as well as some of the difficulty in sustaining it. I know I've had spasms of creative energy that build and then pop like bubbles, leaving me lethargic.